Sunday 29 June 2008

Gothic Symbol Matrix in negative.


The inverted pentagram, or five pointed pentacle is a popular gothic motif.

So is the SKULL.

These images are culled, regrouped and enlarged from my original gothic symbol drawing in coloured pencils.




Here is a negative image of my Gothic Symbol Matrix.


Pencil and ink. 2008


After scanning in my drawing, I converted the image into negative.


I am pleased with the contrast of tones.


Gothic font in reverse.

The following four images are tile designs. I have created these by taking sections from my negative matrix and repeating these.

Circles and the oak leaf design.

The oak leaf design is a popular gothic motif.

1 comment:

Gillian Mowbray said...

I think I like this negative matrix even more than the original. Very striking work.